Christ University has been a pioneer in introducing unique and innovative Under Graduate and Post Graduate Courses. The undergraduate Program of BBA (Finance & Accountancy) is a novel program in the field of Commerce & Management creating professional competence of highest level to meet the challenging demands of the industry.
The Program is offered by the Department of Professional Studies of Christ University. The department which was established in the year 2002 as Center for Career Advancement has been instrumental in introducing innovative Courses like B.Com (Professional), B.Com (Finance & Accountancy). The department is an effective consortium of academia and industry where all its course programs are run with teaching participation from the industry / profession. The main objective of the Department is to develop professional skills in students to adequately expose them to the nuances of the Commerce & Management functionalities. The Department is associated as teaching/collaborating partner for various national and international Accounting and Management Institutes such as ICAI, CIMA, ICSI, ACCA etc. The Department also provides coaching for Civil Service Examinations. Integrated Coaching for Competitive Exams (ICCE) is provided for those candidates who wish to appear for the CAT/MAT/GMAT and Civil Services (IAS) examinations. All these initiatives of the Department have enabled the students to secure higher level placements apart from opportunity for acquiring accredited professional qualifications through simultaneous learning.
BBA – Finance and Accountancy
The new undergraduate course BBA (F & A) launched by the department of professional studies is unique and first of its kind in the country which is associated with ACCA – Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (UK).
ACCA is the largest Accounting Body world-wide with over a century old tradition of excellence. It has currently more than 140,000 members and 404,000 students in over 170 countries. With proven reputation for quality and excellence, ACCA qualification is always globally relevant.
BBA (F&A) has been specially designed keeping in mind the essentials of an undergraduate commerce course in Christ University, the UGC norms and ACCA’s requirements.
The most distinct feature of this course is that the students upon completion of the BBA (F&A) Program of Christ University shall be eligible to seek exemption from 9 out of 14 papers of the Professional Examination of ACCA.
As a complementary professional program to be done along with BBA (F & A) , the students will be required to enrol for either ACS Course of ICSI or Licentiate/Associate in Insurance Program of the Insurance Institute of India.
Features of the BBA (F&A) Program:
· This is a 6 Semester Program of Christ University.
· Successful Students of the Program shall be eligible to get exemption from 9 out of 14 papers of the Professional Examination of ACCA, subject to certain rules.
· Students enrolling for the program must also join for one another professional program – Company Secretary or Insurance Professional
· Higher Placement Opportunities in global companies.
· The Faculty are practising professionals with practical experience in their respective fields. Added to this advantage, ACCA will have regular training symposiums with the faculty to ensure that standards are met.
· Easy access to ACCA’s vast database of learning resources.
· A compulsory professional qualification (i.e.) ACS or Licentiate/ Associate in Insurance.
· Presence of add-on corporate skill development programs like Advanced MS Excel, Six Sigma and Portfolio Management.
· Regular co-curricular activities and soft skill training during the activity hour.
· Classes will start at 06.30 am and will go up to 01.00 pm
For more details