Established in 1969, the Department of Political Science is an integral part of academic life at Christ University . It currently functions under the leadership of HOD Prof. Rajashekaraiah (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. Emphasis on value-based politics.
2. Imparting knowledge of the science, art and skills of governance and administration.
3. Gain an understanding of National and International political equations.
4. Creating effective political leaders with a strong grounding in economics, history and sociology.
5. Moulding politically responsible and conscious citizens.
6. Motivating students to appear for competitive examinations, particularly the Civil Service Examination
The Dept. of Political Science combines classroom teaching with exercises that provide students with political exposure. Students gain a thorough knowledge of political theory on one hand, and the application of political principles on the other. This approach equips them to better understand the nuances of political dynamics.
Extra-Curricular and Co-curricular Activities:
* Regular conduct of workshops, debates, quiz, brainstorming sessions and online discussions on issues of political relevance.
* Field visits to the State Legislative Assembly and MLA’s Constituencies.
* Special Lectures by eminent political speakers from the academia, bureaucrats, politicians and political advisors to the Central and State Governments.
* Activities that prepare students for a career in Political Science, Civil Services and Active Politics.
* Guided use of books, journals and online resources for political research.
The faculty is specialised in the study of Political Science and Public Administration, the practice of politics, political strategy and political journalism. It has to its credit four text books and several political commentaries published in national daily broadsheets.