Specialization: Advanced Electronics in M.Sc.,
Solid State Physics and Crystal physics in M.Phil,
Computer languages known: C, C++, FORTRAN
1. Associate Professor of Physics, Christ College, Bangalore - 2004
2. Reader in Physics, Christ College, Bangalore - 1999
3. Lecturer in Physics, Christ College, Bangalore - 1990
Teaching experience: Post graduate level - 11 years
Under graduate level - 22 years
Subjects taught at PG level: Classical Mechanics, Quantum mechanics, Solid State Physics, Statistical mechanics, Electro magnetic theory, Advanced electronics and Microprocessor Architecture.
1. Thermo luminescence study of X-irradiated Ca doped CsBr crystal.
2. 3D Mapping of extinction in the Galaxy.
1. Organized seminars and workshops in physics for college teachers of Bangalore University at Christ College.
Orientation /Refresher course attended:
1. Refresher course in Physics (UGC) from 24-5-1999 to 16-6-1999 at the Department of Physics, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
2. Refresher course in Physics (UGC) from 20 - 4-2000 to 13-5-2000, organized by the Department of Physics, Christ College, Bangalore.
3. Orientation course (UGC) from 02-07-1999 to 29-07-1999 Academic Staff College, Pondichery University, Pondichery.
Workshops / Seminars attended:
1. Participated in the Two-day Lecture Workshop on "Current Trends in Novel Materials" organized by Department of Physics, Christ University, Bangalore and the Science Academies on February 4-5, 2011.
2. "Frontier areas in Physics" - a two day state level work shop from 17th and 18th of August 2007 conducted by Christ Junior College, Bangalore.
3. "Research in Science - Emerging Trends" - Jan. 12-13, 2007 - Two day lecture workshop organized by Christ College, Bangalore in association with Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore, held at Christ College.
4. "Excitement of teaching Physics" - April 16th, 2005 - One day workshop for teachers organized by Physics Department, IISc., Bangalore, in commemoration of World Year of Physics 2005.
5. National seminar on "The Emerging Trends in Bio-diversity and Bio-technology in the Indian context"- Sept. 25-27, 2003, Christ College, Bangalore.
6. "Workshop on Quantum Mechanics and Astrophysics" for college teachers Dec.10-11, 1999, organized by Physics Department, Christ College, Bangalore.
7. "Workshop on Experimental Physics" - Feb. 22-27, 1999, UGC sponsored 6 day workshop for college teachers, organized by Physics Department, Christ College, Bangalore.
8. Workshop on "Experimental Physics" organized by the Indian physics Association in collaboration with NMKRV college, Bangalore from 21-4-1997 to 26-4-1997 for six days
9. Workshop on "Teaching Solid State Physics" - Oct. 19 - Nov. 4, 1995 - Organized by Indian Physics Association and held at Christ College, Bangalore
1. One of the members of the Physics department in developing the undergraduate Physics syllabus under the autonomous system.
2. Designed and fabricated many experimental setups for the undergraduate laboratory.
3. Actively involved in the conduct and evaluation of the end semester examinations of the college and the university.
|Sl.No. ||Name of Conference || |
|1 ||Astronomical Society of India- Conference || S.Ravichandran,Preethi.K, M Sofonova, Jayanth Murthy || Thiruvananthapuram || |