The department of Electronics was established in the year 1988 with Physics, Mathematics and Electronics (PME) combination, three faculty members and student strength of thirty. Computer Science, Mathematics and Electronics (CME) as a second combination was started in the year 1999. The student strength has grown to about 300 with five faculty members. The department aims at setting up a benchmark in education in the field of electronics.
Student Support Activities/ Best practices
The class room teaching is made interactive by incorporating various methods of teaching and learning. This includes presentations, debates, quiz programmes etc. In order to develop the practical skills in the students, class room teaching is well supported by rigorous practical training conducted in well equipped laboratory. The lab sessions include systematic training in soldering methods, circuit designing, assembly, measurements, trouble shooting and analyzing the circuits. The students are encouraged and guided to undertake practical electronics projects to get a first hand experience in the application of electronics.
Goal of the Department
The department desires that every student of Electronics will acquire academic excellence, technical skills, scientific aptitude and temper and holistic development through practical oriented learning methodology.
• Industry visits to reputed electronics organizations like ISRO, BEL, BHEL, ITI, HAL etc and other electronics industries, mainly for final year students.
• Guest lectures/ seminars/ workshops in association with various electronics organizations.
• Soft skills training in association with Legends, School of Transformation/ V Square InfoTech , Bangalore.
• Career guidance, mentoring and guidance.
• Project library hour.
• APIS – Academic Performance Improvement Sessions : Mentoring sessions for the academic non- performers.
• Collection books in the department, with 120 project books, Electronics For You project books, EFY magazines from 1990 onwards, data sheet books, EFY Education CDs.
• Well - equipped laboratory with a very good number of CROs, Oscillators, Digital/ OP-AMP/ regulated power supplies, microprocessor trainer kits, microcontroller trainer kits, frequency meters, meter panel boards with digital multimeters, digital trainer Kits, Pentium IV systems, Communication / FOC experiment kits etc.
Academic and Co-curricular Activities
• UGC approved hardware course - computer hardware assembling and maintenance - conducted in 3 levels (Certificate, Diploma, Advance Diploma) - 30 hours of theory + 30 hrs of practical duration, in association with e-minds technologies/ CMS Computer Institutes, Bangalore.
• CIRCUIT – Intercollegiate electronics meet-organized every year by Electronics Club since 1997- events like Quiz, Crossword puzzle , Dumb Charades, Lecture Contest, Pick and speak, Circuit Analysis, Debate ,Assembled Electronics Project and gadget Exhibition are organized
• Gadget and annual Project exhibition conducted by final year students and guided by the members of the faculty.
• PCB fabrication course in association with S.P.Laborotaries, Bangalore.
• Electronics Hobbyist projects for the second year students